1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
24 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
3 tablespoons shorting
1. Line a 9 inch square baking pan with foil and grease the foil. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans and butter. Press into prepared pan; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until chilled. Freeze overnight.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Using foil, lift cheesecake out of the pan. Gently peel off foil, cut into 49 squares. Remove a few pieces at a time for dipping; keep remaining squares refrigerated until ready to dip.
5. Using a toothpick, completely dip squares, one at a time, in melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper; spoon about 1 teaspoon chocolate over each. (Reheat chocolate if needed to finish dipping.) Let stand for 20 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
*Makes 49 squares
*This is the original recipe but I made a few modifications. I used an 8 inch pan because that is what I had. I did not add the pecans to the crust. I chose to drizzle the chocolate on top instead of completely covering it. I used less than 12 oz of chocolate chips rather than the squares.
*Recipe from The Taste of Home Cookbook