I love love the spices -- cumin, cilantro, chipotle, chili, garlic -- so good! Soft and warm tortillas are the perfect vehicle for lots of spicy meat and veggies. Also, I don't feel like I improvise in the kitchen very well, but I find it a little easier with Mexican food. Add some black beans to make tacos more filling, chipotle pepper to make it zippy, and cilantro and lime always add a fresh punch.
Here are a few recipes I like to use for our fiesta feasts!
- Last time tacos were requested by the husby, I didn't have a taco seasoning packet, so I was happy to find this recipe. It's great because you can add more or less of each spice. More cumin for me!
- My favorite guacamole recipe. (good job, Alton Brown)
- IGE has a great way to make the sides (rice, black beans, pico de gallo) for a very filling burrito -- just like Chipotle.
- Posted this recipe before but it's a huge household favorite -- pork carnitas!
- Haven't tried these yet, but every single Latin recipe on Gina's blog looks amazing. Especially the Lime, Shrimp, and Avocado Salad!
- Made this mango salsa this week...wow! Fruity + zippy = amazingness. We ate it with Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken burgers on hamburger buns, and it hit the spot.