Monday, May 30, 2011

Guacamole, Tacos, and Such

I feel like I've only posted Mexican recipes on this blog, but for a good reason -- David and I love Mexican food!

I love love the spices -- cumin, cilantro, chipotle, chili, garlic -- so good! Soft and warm tortillas are the perfect vehicle for lots of spicy meat and veggies. Also, I don't feel like I improvise in the kitchen very well, but I find it a little easier with Mexican food. Add some black beans to make tacos more filling, chipotle pepper to make it zippy, and cilantro and lime always add a fresh punch.

Here are a few recipes I like to use for our fiesta feasts!
  • Last time tacos were requested by the husby, I didn't have a taco seasoning packet, so I was happy to find this recipe. It's great because you can add more or less of each spice. More cumin for me!
  • IGE has a great way to make the sides (rice, black beans, pico de gallo) for a very filling burrito -- just like Chipotle.
  • Posted this recipe before but it's a huge household favorite -- pork carnitas!
  • Made this mango salsa this week...wow! Fruity + zippy = amazingness. We ate it with Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken burgers on hamburger buns, and it hit the spot.
Happy eats! And please share any of your favorite Mexican recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment