4 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock
4 Tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1. In a medium pan, bring chicken stock to a boil. Reduce heat and keep the chicken stock hot.
2. In a large pan, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Cook until the butter begins to foam and turn brown.
3. Add the onion and cook until tender.
4. Add the rice and stir until it is coated with the butter.
5. Add the wine and simmer until it is almost all absorbed.
6. Add 1/2 cup chicken stock at a time and stir until absorbed. Repeat this step until the chicken stock is all incorporated.
7. Remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese, remaining butter, and chives.
Makes about 4 servings.
*Recipe adapted from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/brown-butter-risotto-with-lobster-recipe/index.html