Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Seeds


'Tis the season...to carve pumpkins!

One of my favorite things about carving pumpkins, however, is not the pumpkin, but eating the delicious seeds. I make my seeds differently each year, and this is what I did this year...they were delicious. :)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Separate your pumpkin seeds from the rest of the pumpkin goop, and rinse them with water.

In a saucepan, add the seeds to water, about 2 cups for each 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds. Add a half tablespoon of salt for each cup of water that you use (more if you like it really salty, but I thought the 1/2 tbsp was fine).

Bring the water and seeds to a boil. Remove from heat and drain.

Spread about a tablespoon of olive oil on the bottom of a roasting pan. Spread the seeds out over the roasting pan in a flat layer. I lightly salted the seeds as well, but you probably don't need it since you boiled them in salt water....what can I say, I like my food salty. :)

Bake the seeds on the top rack until they start to brown to your satisfaction, anywhere from 10-20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool before eating.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment